Proper skin care will have you radiating beauty for your Chicago portraits!
With winter approaching, there will be many things that you must ready yourself for, such as cozy attire to keep warm, car accessories for safe driving, and of course, the proper care to maintain your flawless skin. The harsh winter weather can certainly can be taxing on the skin with the cruel winds and freezing temperatures. But, you can make the most of this winter with proper skin care.
Maintaining your silky skin is crucial all year round, but especially in the winter. Scheduling a winter photoshoot presents many creative liberties you can take with your images. Therefore, maintaining a fabulous appearance for your time in front of the camera is of importance.
Here at Christina Wehbe Studios, as a Chicago portrait photographer, I believe that great skin is a must! That’s why I have put together a few winter skin care tips to help you maintain flawless skin for your own Chicago portraits. If you want truly impeccable skin this season, be sure to continue reading for some great tips:
- A Youthful Glow. Youth is the main goal for many when caring for their skin. Looking young means that blemishes and wrinkles are at a minimum. You can maintain your youthful glow this winter when you exfoliate.
- Careful Choices. The cleanser you choose for your skin can contribute to your skin care, or hurt it. Each cleanser has its own chemicals and focuses on different aspects of the skin. When choosing your cleanser, it’s important to look at the ingredients as well as the parts of the skin that it will be helping. For example, if you are looking for help with your blemishes, find a cleanser that focuses on this detail. Or, if you are looking for relief from wrinkles, it’s best to choose one that can help alleviate these lines.
- Protect Your Hands. The bitter cold presents its own harm to the skin. You can wear gloves to prevent your soft hands from being harmed by the harsh winds and frigid temperatures. However, gloves aren’t your only solution. In addition, moisturizer is an incredible item to keep with you through the season, as it will allow you to keep your hands silky and soft.
- Be Mindful of UV Rays. Yes, winter means colder and darker weather. However, the sun’s UV rays are still present. You must protect yourself from the sun’s rays, even in winter. Hats and clothes that protect you from the sun’s rays are a lovely and fashionable option this season. But, they aren’t your only option. Safe sunscreens that contain zinc oxide are also ideal. And, don’t forget to choose makeup with SPF.
- Prepare for The Dry Air. Dry air is another discomfort your skin will face this season. You can keep your skin moisturized with a humidifier. Also, regularly moisturizing will assist with keeping your skin soft and supple.
Your skin deserves to shine, especially in your Chicago portraits! These tips can help you preserve your flawless skin, even in the harsh cold. Here at Christina Wehbe Studios, as a portrait photographer in Chicago, I believe that flawless skin will allow you to look and feel confident within your photoshoot. These tips are sure to help you keep your skin in tip top shape.