Most of us have been fitted at the Intimates store, however, the size differs from one style to another and from one brand to another. If you’re not sure and you’d like to get fitted right, can you do it by yourself? Sure, here are some tips for getting fitted for a bra:
- Start by wearing a bra that fits well. You’ll want to wear it during the fitting to get the most accurate measurement.
- Stand in front of a mirror and look at the fit of your bra. The band should be level with the front of your ribcage and should not ride up in the back. The cups should completely encase your breasts, with no bulging or gaping.
3. Measure your band size. To do this, wrap a tape measure around your ribcage, just under your breasts. Make sure the tape measure is level and not too tight or too loose. Round up to the nearest even number if necessary.
4. Measure your cup size. To do this, wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of your breasts. Make sure the tape measure is level and not too tight or too loose.
5. Subtract your band size from your cup size. Each inch of difference corresponds to a cup size. For example, if your band size is 34 inches and your cup size is 36 inches, the difference is 2 inches, which corresponds to a B cup.
6. Try on different sizes to find the best fit. Remember that bra sizes can vary between brands and styles, so it’s important to try on a few different sizes to find the one that fits best.
7. Adjust the straps for a comfortable fit. The straps should not be too tight or too loose, and they should not dig into your shoulders.
I hope these tips are helpful! If you have any more questions, just let me know.