Preparing For Your Shoot
Now that you’ve booked your Boudoir session, here are some useful tips to follow that will make your experience and photos the best they can be!
One Month Before Your Session
It is never too early to start planning for your Boudoir session, and this planning should be a fun part of the process! Think about what kinds of outfits you’d like to wear and get them together.
- We do have an extensive lingerie and boudoir props wardrobe at the studio, but you’re welcome to find clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props to use in your shoot
- Order your outfits and accessories way early for your shoot
- If you are using hair extensions, order them now
- If your shoot is of a pinup or Hollywood style nature, shop for your size and order your outfits ahead of time
- Lingerie is nice and definitely sexy, but sometimes a tight t-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier
- Using something meaningful to your significant other is a great way to personalize your shoot: A favorite tie or button-down shirt or Sports fan jerseys, hats and gear!
- Visit our Pinterest page @christinawehbe for inspiration and ideas we collected for you
- Feel free to send me your inspiration photos to my email before the shoot email@example.com
Two Days Before the Shoot
Ladies, it’s time to pamper yourself!
- If you wax, do two days before your shoot
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed
- If you’re planning on getting a haircut or color, give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it
- We highly recommend a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photo’s, red skin will not
- PLEASE – NO SPRAY TAN
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin
- Watch your salt intake if you’re worried about retaining water
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels with scissors
The Day Before
Relax and Be Ready
- Shave and moisturize
- Double-check everything you will be bringing the night before and make sure that you leave plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing – lingerie, accessories, special bras, heels, hair extensions and props
- Have a nice and relaxing evening with no stress and try not to have more than one drink
- Get a good night’s sleep – Seven to eight hours is great
The Day of your Photo Shoot
Get ready for a wonderful experience
- To avoid marks on the wardrobe Use clear deodorant or none
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight bra straps, tight socks or tight clothing), we do have robes at the studio for you 🙂
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house, protein bars are a good idea
- Come with clean dry hair and a clean face
- Have your final Boudoir Session payment ready (check, Chase QuickPay, or cash)
- Stretch, maybe yoga, walk on the beach, the aim is to RELAX – it is completely normal to be nervous, but don’t worry because you are in very good hands. Our hair stylists and make-up artists are the best in Laguna beach and orange county, and they will make you look amazing. Your photographer Christina has several years of experience, and she knows exactly how to coach you, pose you and make you comfortable throughout the shoot. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most clients – enjoy it!
View & Order Session
Approximately two weeks after your photo session, you will come back to the studio to view all of your edited photos printed and ready for your viewing on the reveal wall! Pick out your favorites and leave with the boudoir photographs that you absolutely love. We offer albums, print boxes, portfolio boxes, and many other packages.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you!