Preparing For Your Shoot
Now that you’ve booked your Boudoir session, here are some useful tips to follow that will make your experience and photos the best they can be!
One Month Before Your Session
It is never too early to start planning for your Boudoir session, and this planning should be a fun part of the process! Think about what kinds of outfits you’d like to wear and get them together.
- We do have an extensive lingerie and boudoir props wardrobe at the studio, but you’re welcome to find clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props to use in your shoot
- Order your outfits and accessories way early for your shoot
- If you are using hair extensions, order them now and bring them with you to your photoshoot
- If your shoot is of a pinup or Hollywood style nature, shop for your size and order your outfits ahead of time
- Lingerie is nice and definitely sexy, but sometimes a tight t-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier, we have full sets that requires only a sheet and feathers!
- Using something meaningful to your significant other is a great way to personalize your shoot: A favorite tie or button-down shirt or Sports fan jerseys, hats and gear!
- Visit our Pinterest page @christinawehbe for inspiration and ideas we collected for you
- Feel free to send me your inspiration photos to my email before the shoot firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Days Before Your Boudoir Photoshoot Session
This is when your final payment is due to confirm your spot.
5-2 Days Before the Boudoir Shoot
Ladies, it’s time to pamper yourself!
- If you wax, do it two days before your shoot
- Brow grooming and facial hair removal :: Please have your brows groomed–either tweezed, waxed or threaded–1-5 days beforehand (depending on how sensitive your skin is). Having cleaned-up brows will make a world of difference in how your eyes and whole face will look! Remove any other unwanted hair beforehand, too. It makes a difference for how the makeup will lay on the face and blend into the skin.
- Exfoliation, face and lips :: Either the night before or the morning of (or both, if your skin is used to it/can handle it), exfoliate your face. You can do this with just a washcloth and cleanser, or you can use a gentle scrub. Don’t rub too hard! Focus on the nose–dead skin cells tend to gather in those crevices. Use a sugar-and-oil scrub or even your toothbrush on your lips to get rid of dead, chapped, flakey skin on your lips for a flawless lip color application!
- Hydration and moisturizing :: Moisture is KEY! Hopefully you’re doing this every morning and every night. Whether you do or don’t, moisturize the night before AND morning of your shoot. Also, try to drink plenty of water the day before and day of your shoot. Moisturized, hydrated skin is smoother and fills out fine lines and plumps up the skin, PLUS it keeps it looking glowy.
- If you’re planning on getting a haircut or color, give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it
- Hair Preparation :: Arrive with clean (from the morning or night before at the latest), dry hair, worn down, with no marks/dents in it from being worn up. If you can add in mousse, gel or any texturizing product while it is still damp, after it has been washed, before it has been dried, that can be helpful, but don’t worry if you don’t have anything. Do NOT come with straight-ironed hair unless you want a straight hairstyle; If you want soft waves or curls, the previously straightened hair will make it more difficult to achieve.
- We highly recommend a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photo’s, red skin will not
- PLEASE – NO SPRAY TAN
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin
- Watch your salt intake if you’re worried about retaining water
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels with scissors
The Day Before
This will be a workout, be mentally prepared to work your butt off! Your body will be in poses that it normally is not in, which can be a work out! Just trust that even if it feels uncomfortable, we know how to pose you so that you look amazing!
Relax and Be Ready
- Shave and moisturize
- Double-check everything you will be bringing the night before and make sure that you leave plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing – lingerie, accessories, special bras, heels, hair extensions and props
- Have a nice and relaxing evening with no stress and try not to have more than one drink
- Get a good night’s sleep – Seven to eight hours is great
Let us know ahead of time if there is a problem area for you and what you are uncomfortable doing.
Last but NOT least, make sure we know what parts of your body that you’d like to highlight and which parts you’d rather hide. If you feel insecure about your ears, then we’ll make sure when you move around that your ears aren’t showing, this sort of thing. If you tell us that your significant other loves your back dimples, then we can make sure to showcase that in some of your shots!
The Day of your Photo Shoot
Get ready for a wonderful experience
- To avoid marks on the wardrobe Use clear deodorant or none
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight bra straps, tight socks or tight clothing), we do have robes at the studio for you 🙂
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house, protein bars are a good idea
- Come with clean dry hair and a clean face
- Stretch, maybe yoga, walk on the beach, the aim is to RELAX – it is completely normal to be nervous, but don’t worry because you are in very good hands. Our hair stylists and make-up artists are the best in in the area, and they will make you look amazing. Your photographer Christina has several years of experience, and she knows exactly how to coach you, pose you and make you comfortable throughout the shoot. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most clients – enjoy it!
View & Order Session
Right after your photo session, you will view all of your photos on our projection screen! Pick out your favorites and leave with the boudoir photographs that you absolutely love. We offer complimentary boudoir photo editing to all of our clients. We also offer albums, print boxes, portfolio boxes, and many other packages.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!