by ChristinaWehbe | Jul 25, 2019 | Family Portrait, Portrait Photography
If you’re a family of two, three, four or five members and more, you probably have experienced getting your picture taken by a family portrait photographer.
I’ve been photographing family portraitures and portraits and headshots since 2006. I have learnt a few things that make your family portrait session run smooth and pleasant.
I recommend you take in consideration when planning your family portrait session those factors:
Set your intention for this portrait:
For example, is this the family portrait to be printed on a huge canvas and placed in the living room? Or is it the Christmas card family portrait? Or is a portrait session that you want to create a family coffee table book from? Set your intention.
Discuss your family situation and needs with your photographer:
We photographers are people who have families too and we understand that no family is similar to another one, for that reason, we understand when our clients tell us about things to take in consideration during our portrait session. For example: Do you have a child with special physical or emotional needs? You already know your children’s habits and preferences so please share with us.
Wardrobe wardrobe wardrobe:
Coordinating your outfits is important, but not too much coordination. The time of matching jeans and white or black shirts are gone. However, keep in mind that it’s very important to have a cohesive style and colors that doesn’t clash, for that reason, I welcome having a wardrobe consultation with my clients before the photoshoot.
NEVER ASK YOUR KIDS TO SMILE.
When you’re at the studio on on the beach with us, we are the ones responsible for your kids’ expression. All you have to do is relax, look at us with a big graceful smile. Don’t worry about how your kid is behaving. We are used to kids having short attention spam. For that reason, whatever your kid does, it’s OK. We don’t expect they look at us or listen to us all the time, but we need YOU to be ready for that moment. As you’ll see from the session you’ll have that we set the photography backdrop or scene. Then we direct your posing and your body language. After that we add the kids to the set. Nothing your kid might do will shock or surprise us. So we prefer if you just let us handle all the talking ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ON SET. We advise you don’t even look at them, we got that, just keep your gaze at us. We have tricks and props to get their attention and the right expression from them so you don’t have to look down at them or worry about what they are doing.
make sure all the kids are well rested and that they have a good meal before you come to the studio.
If you book your hair and makeup with us, then you will take about 1.5 hours to be camera ready, and if your kids are hungry… You know how they will behave.
Photographers have busy schedules too so make sure you contact your family photographer ahead of time to coordinate the date and time. We usually book photoshoots 3-6 weeks in advance.
Two photography styles we love to do are:
- Vanity fair magazine style family portrait photography session
- Beach family portrait photoshoot session
We are open to other styles but we really love the extravagant Vanity Fair Magazine style. We love the simplicity of the beach family photoshoot.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jul 17, 2019 | Boudoir, Family Portrait, Portrait Photography, Professional Headshots
Have you thought about what we do here at the studio? Have you wondered how your girlfriend or wife or mother would like to enjoy a photoshoot with us? If you’re a man looking for a great gift for your lady or mother, you’re at the right place.
Legacy photos live forever, women who get those photoshoots have always expressed that they love themselves more because of the experience. If you’re a woman and you want a family or mother’s day or even a Christmas gift to your family, what says close family better than a legacy photoshoot?
We sell gift certificates that you can gift your significant other or your family or even yourself. Contact us at the studio and we’ll make sure to take care of your family portrait needs.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jul 15, 2019 | Portrait Photography
Do you know someone who had conquered cancer recently? After a life-changing event, like Cancer, many women don’t feel like themselves. Treatments, surgeries, stress, and healing have taken a toll. The body is different, life has changed. Things will never be the same, but life can still be great!
Loving our bodies, as women, is often a difficult job. It is even more so when experiencing life-altering events, like chemotherapy and surgeries. Our Contest and Reveal Event will include a makeover by an award-winning team who specializes in transformational makeovers and it will include an intimate conversation about body-image, self-love, and confidence with a professional.
5 FEMALE CANCER SURVIVORS NEEDED FOR AN EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
The lady we are looking for: You know what it means to feel helpless, feel the hopelessness, the body pain and the mental pressure of literally fighting for your life. You also know what it feels to fight like a champion, gain yourself back, learned about your survival methods and became a stronger woman. You know you beat cancer, you won the biggest battle in your life, but rarely look in the mirror and think, “I am Beautiful, and I am enough”. You might not feel ready, but inside, you deeply desire to do something just for yourself
We are a team of ladies whose life has been touched by people who had cancer. We decided to make a change and celebrate the real champions of our community. We are offering these transformations because we need beautiful souls to empower other women to love and accept themselves regardless of their age, shape or negative thoughts of themselves after cancer. We are all beautiful and we deserve to have beautiful photographs of ourselves to remind us of our light from within. We will be choosing five lucky ladies to receive a $925 gift voucher towards their own personal luxury portrait and empowerment experience.
…It was as though she somehow knew not only my personality and character but also could see them through the eyes of my 45-year partner and love. Alison H.
…By the time I walked out the door I felt incredible, every woman deserves to feel this way…
…I started feeling more glamorous than anything! …and Christina coaches you on exactly how to move and hold yourself…
…Her lighting is so fantastic that my photos needed little to no touch-ups…
…My session was beautiful and intimate. She made me feel so at ease. The shots she got of me is something I’ve never seen of myself…
Being photographed is such an empowering experience. There are times during the photoshoots where my client and I have an “aha moment” where their energy really shifts and they start truly revealing themselves and owning their space and feeling confident and powerful in front of my camera. Those “aha moments” are what makes your photographs powerful, it’s not the lighting, however, the creative lighting is super important, and it’s not the posing, although directing you to the right pose is a skill of mine, but it’s that expression you have on your face! that’s when I know “we got the shot” There’s a model in every one of us and my job is to bring your model out regardless of the age, size, personality or past experiences. This is a true adventure!
Apply here: https://survivor.ownyourfemininity.com
by ChristinaWehbe | Jun 29, 2019 | Family Portrait, Portrait Photography
Nails? Hair? Tan? Pedicure? Moisturise? Shave vs wax? What to wear? Rent or borrow or buy fabulous outfits? Shoes or no shoes? OMG so many questions!
Ok, guys here’s an easy answer: Prepare for your photoshoot like you’re preparing for your wedding day to the love of your life (YOU in this case). Treat yourself like you’d treat your bride self (mani-pedi- facial-wax-massage) pamper yourself!
- Nails: Red nails photograph well. Why? because they are attractive, feminine and timeless. But, this is your photoshoot and you should wear whatever you’re most comfortable in. I always recommend nude or red nails because it photographs well and goes with most outfits. When to get your nails done for a photoshoot? If you’re getting a regular manicure, get it the day before your photo shoot. If you’re getting gel nails done, get it about a day to three days before your photo shoot.
- Pedicure: Most of the photoshoots is about YOU, not your dress or shoes or pose. This photoshoot is about you and we rarely photograph full body shots because it’s a portrait and not a fashion photoshoot. It’s not about your outfit or heels or the background. It’s about you and the way you reveal yourself. We only use heels during boudoir photoshoots when the lady is on the bed and sometimes the shoe shows. The studio’s wardrobe contains a few Christian Louboutin’s heels we won’t really use them unless you insist on full body shots which is not totally my style.
- Moisturise: heck yeah, every day even if you’re not being photographed soon. Keep that skin silky smooth for YOU! Drink a lot of water and eat less sodium about a week before your photoshoot. It helps you get the water out of your body and feel less bloated. The professional hair and makeup stylist will moisturize you here at the studio but it’s important that you go through those steps in your home. Your skin will be already healthy and ready for the professional makeup stylist.
- Shave vs wax? Whatever you prefer. However, at the studio, we prefer shaving or waxing over leaving the body hair on because it casts a grey shadow on your skin. But to shave or now, to take it off or not is totally up to you. No, We cannot photoshop hair off your body 🙂 Also depending on if you’re having a boudoir photography session vs portrait photography session or even if it’s a headshot then you don’t have to worry about body hair!
- What to wear for your photoshoot? That’s a big question because it depends on your photoshoot. Christina Wehbe Studios has an extensive wardrobe of clothes and props at the studio size 2-14. You’re welcome to bring your own dresses and casual cloth depending on your photoshoot. Recommendations on what to bring are going to be in the next blog post because it’s a big topic and I really want to dedicate a full blog post to this question.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jun 29, 2019 | Family Portrait, Portrait Photography
Have you thought about your family portrait photoshoot for your Christmas card yet? What kind of family are you?
- Are you the goal-oriented family where everyone in your family has big dreams and goals and is working on reaching your goals every day?
- Are you a chill back family who do your part and enjoy the journey and not too worried about the destination?
- Maybe you are a combination of both? You gotta own your style!
- A power couple, that’s what you are maybe? How about furry children that you want in the photos?
- Is playing ball with your children is your thing and you want an editorial kind of family photoshoot!
A family photoshoot style has no limits, you can play, you can get serious, you can be silly and goofy, or you can look so stunningly dramatic just for the kicks. Every year you’re going to have a family photoshoot session so why not mix it up and show your fun colors!
You might like your family portrait session to be on the beach. for example, all pastel color dresses and running free and looking like there’s nothing on your mind.
The best part about the family portrait photoshoot on the beach in Laguna beach and orange county is the gorgeous sunset that casts this golden color on your skin. As a result, your photos will have a fantastic sun flare.
- If you’re like some of my other clients, you might like an adorable dramatic family portrait photo session.
- In these photoshoots, you look pretty much like a queen within your family. Our clients enjoy exploring this type of photoshoot for their family portrait session for 2019.
- Once you contact me and you’ll see some samples of my Vanity Fair magazine cover style photos. You will find inspiration and start brainstorming your ideas.
- full hair and makeup styling are offered and done at the studio.
- The studio has a fantastic all colors and sized 2-12 wardrobe for adult females.
- We also have some tutu tulle skirts for girls and preteen ladies, or full grown women too!
Once you decide to have your family portrait photoshoot done, Come for an in person at our studio in Laguna Beach Orange County for the best photoshoot plan.
Things to look for when you decide to have your professional family portrait photography session done:
- Look at the photographer’s work, do they have a style? or do they click 1000 times and hope one of the photos will be usable?
- Ask your family and friends for a good family photographer recommendation.
- Read their online reviews on Google and Facebook and other websites.
- Call your photographer and ask to meet them in person AT THEIR STUDIO. A professional photographer would have a professional photo studio location.
- Brainstorm with your photographer. Every family is unique and like everything in life, when you have a vision of what you want, you’ll achieve it. As a professional family portrait photographer in Laguna Beach and Newport Beach in Orange County, the consultation are a must
- Hire a professional photographer that you trust and who cares for their client’s comfort and satisfaction and who are the best in their craft.
After all, hiring a professional photographer is a family legacy building technique. Family portraits help your children see themselves as a beautiful part of this family.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jun 28, 2019 | Portrait Photography
Painterly portraits is a photography finishing style that we have developed to give your photos an old master painter look of museum portrait art pieces. This look is very unique and we are the only photography studio in Orange Bounty who specializes in PAINTERLY PORTRAITS.
- We photograph you in the most flattering light to your face shape.
- We direct you to pose and reveal your powers in very natural posing.
- Then we paint your photograph to give it that timeless painterly glow, so when we print it on a big fine art paper and mat it, it is truly a magnificent finished piece of art. We offer our painterly portraits with some of our collections or a la carte.
- The painterly photos are not cheap filter applied in photoshop, it’s a true brush by brush painting masterpiece.
- We started offering the painting to our clients a few years ago when our clients were ordering the huge prints.
- Our clients wanted their canvas, metal or fine art prints to have museum quality finish to it. I have to mention that showing the photographs printed on canvas is way more impactful than showing them on a computer screen.
- When my clients hire me to be their portrait photographer, I show them the final product and it’s always a print or canvas or a matted print along with the digital file.
- Portraits are not meant to be only on the computer, they are meant to be a portrait print framed in your home or office.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and we are the beholder of our beauty. Our clients have the opportunity to see how beautiful they are AS A PIECE OF ART. It’s an optional service and it’s included with the studio’s black label collection.
This kind of finish to the photograph is time-consuming and required years of craftsmanship training to be able to master. We always walk our clients through which photo to have as a painted art and they are never on their own making the big decisions when it comes to decorating their homes with those pieces of art.
Portraiture has played a dominant role in the renaissance and the age of enlightenment. It stated with religious images and then it was mostly about the monarchy and to emphasize the power of the aristocratic elite. Christina receives a lot of her inspiration from those portraits. When we visit art museums, we head directly to the portraiture area. Because we are fascinated by how alive their portraits are and it inspired us to give the same experience to our clients. The studio’s clients stand in front of their portrait and say “wow”. This is the same exact feeling we feel when we gaze at a masterpiece portrait in an art museum.
Learning about the history of portraiture in college was fascinating, learning the history of photography and how much photography had changed the world. The studio’s clients taught us how important photography is on a personal level. Photography doesn’t only change the world, it changes the way people see themselves. When they see who they are, they start believing they are worth it. It’s pretty amazing to see the transformational experiences that our clients go through. Christina Wehbe photography studio specializes in headshot portraits, personality portraits and family portraits in Laguna Beach. Laguna Beach is a beautiful place to have your portrait photography done. Christina has a BFA in Photography. During her professional training, I learned drawing and the art of highlighting and contouring. I highlight and contour my portraits during the session itself using the light shapers and directional light modifiers so the photograph you get out of the camera is almost identical to the one edited, and when I add my painting techniques to the photographs, it is a true masterpiece when printed.