by ChristinaWehbe | Jul 25, 2019 | Family Portrait, Portrait Photography
If you’re a family of two, three, four or five members and more, you probably have experienced getting your picture taken by a family portrait photographer.
I’ve been photographing family portraitures and portraits and headshots since 2006. I have learnt a few things that make your family portrait session run smooth and pleasant.
I recommend you take in consideration when planning your family portrait session those factors:
Set your intention for this portrait:
For example, is this the family portrait to be printed on a huge canvas and placed in the living room? Or is it the Christmas card family portrait? Or is a portrait session that you want to create a family coffee table book from? Set your intention.
Discuss your family situation and needs with your photographer:
We photographers are people who have families too and we understand that no family is similar to another one, for that reason, we understand when our clients tell us about things to take in consideration during our portrait session. For example: Do you have a child with special physical or emotional needs? You already know your children’s habits and preferences so please share with us.
Wardrobe wardrobe wardrobe:
Coordinating your outfits is important, but not too much coordination. The time of matching jeans and white or black shirts are gone. However, keep in mind that it’s very important to have a cohesive style and colors that doesn’t clash, for that reason, I welcome having a wardrobe consultation with my clients before the photoshoot.
NEVER ASK YOUR KIDS TO SMILE.
When you’re at the studio on on the beach with us, we are the ones responsible for your kids’ expression. All you have to do is relax, look at us with a big graceful smile. Don’t worry about how your kid is behaving. We are used to kids having short attention spam. For that reason, whatever your kid does, it’s OK. We don’t expect they look at us or listen to us all the time, but we need YOU to be ready for that moment. As you’ll see from the session you’ll have that we set the photography backdrop or scene. Then we direct your posing and your body language. After that we add the kids to the set. Nothing your kid might do will shock or surprise us. So we prefer if you just let us handle all the talking ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ON SET. We advise you don’t even look at them, we got that, just keep your gaze at us. We have tricks and props to get their attention and the right expression from them so you don’t have to look down at them or worry about what they are doing.
make sure all the kids are well rested and that they have a good meal before you come to the studio.
If you book your hair and makeup with us, then you will take about 1.5 hours to be camera ready, and if your kids are hungry… You know how they will behave.
Photographers have busy schedules too so make sure you contact your family photographer ahead of time to coordinate the date and time. We usually book photoshoots 3-6 weeks in advance.
Two photography styles we love to do are:
- Vanity fair magazine style family portrait photography session
- Beach family portrait photoshoot session
We are open to other styles but we really love the extravagant Vanity Fair Magazine style. We love the simplicity of the beach family photoshoot.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jul 17, 2019 | Boudoir, Family Portrait, Portrait Photography, Professional Headshots
Have you thought about what we do here at the studio? Have you wondered how your girlfriend or wife or mother would like to enjoy a photoshoot with us? If you’re a man looking for a great gift for your lady or mother, you’re at the right place.
Legacy photos live forever, women who get those photoshoots have always expressed that they love themselves more because of the experience. If you’re a woman and you want a family or mother’s day or even a Christmas gift to your family, what says close family better than a legacy photoshoot?
We sell gift certificates that you can gift your significant other or your family or even yourself. Contact us at the studio and we’ll make sure to take care of your family portrait needs.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jun 29, 2019 | Family Portrait, Portrait Photography
Nails? Hair? Tan? Pedicure? Moisturise? Shave vs wax? What to wear? Rent or borrow or buy fabulous outfits? Shoes or no shoes? OMG so many questions!
Ok, guys here’s an easy answer: Prepare for your photoshoot like you’re preparing for your wedding day to the love of your life (YOU in this case). Treat yourself like you’d treat your bride self (mani-pedi- facial-wax-massage) pamper yourself!
- Nails: Red nails photograph well. Why? because they are attractive, feminine and timeless. But, this is your photoshoot and you should wear whatever you’re most comfortable in. I always recommend nude or red nails because it photographs well and goes with most outfits. When to get your nails done for a photoshoot? If you’re getting a regular manicure, get it the day before your photo shoot. If you’re getting gel nails done, get it about a day to three days before your photo shoot.
- Pedicure: Most of the photoshoots is about YOU, not your dress or shoes or pose. This photoshoot is about you and we rarely photograph full body shots because it’s a portrait and not a fashion photoshoot. It’s not about your outfit or heels or the background. It’s about you and the way you reveal yourself. We only use heels during boudoir photoshoots when the lady is on the bed and sometimes the shoe shows. The studio’s wardrobe contains a few Christian Louboutin’s heels we won’t really use them unless you insist on full body shots which is not totally my style.
- Moisturise: heck yeah, every day even if you’re not being photographed soon. Keep that skin silky smooth for YOU! Drink a lot of water and eat less sodium about a week before your photoshoot. It helps you get the water out of your body and feel less bloated. The professional hair and makeup stylist will moisturize you here at the studio but it’s important that you go through those steps in your home. Your skin will be already healthy and ready for the professional makeup stylist.
- Shave vs wax? Whatever you prefer. However, at the studio, we prefer shaving or waxing over leaving the body hair on because it casts a grey shadow on your skin. But to shave or now, to take it off or not is totally up to you. No, We cannot photoshop hair off your body 🙂 Also depending on if you’re having a boudoir photography session vs portrait photography session or even if it’s a headshot then you don’t have to worry about body hair!
- What to wear for your photoshoot? That’s a big question because it depends on your photoshoot. Christina Wehbe Studios has an extensive wardrobe of clothes and props at the studio size 2-14. You’re welcome to bring your own dresses and casual cloth depending on your photoshoot. Recommendations on what to bring are going to be in the next blog post because it’s a big topic and I really want to dedicate a full blog post to this question.
by ChristinaWehbe | Jun 29, 2019 | Family Portrait, Portrait Photography
Have you thought about your family portrait photoshoot for your Christmas card yet? What kind of family are you?
- Are you the goal-oriented family where everyone in your family has big dreams and goals and is working on reaching your goals every day?
- Are you a chill back family who do your part and enjoy the journey and not too worried about the destination?
- Maybe you are a combination of both? You gotta own your style!
- A power couple, that’s what you are maybe? How about furry children that you want in the photos?
- Is playing ball with your children is your thing and you want an editorial kind of family photoshoot!
A family photoshoot style has no limits, you can play, you can get serious, you can be silly and goofy, or you can look so stunningly dramatic just for the kicks. Every year you’re going to have a family photoshoot session so why not mix it up and show your fun colors!
You might like your family portrait session to be on the beach. for example, all pastel color dresses and running free and looking like there’s nothing on your mind.
The best part about the family portrait photoshoot on the beach in Laguna beach and orange county is the gorgeous sunset that casts this golden color on your skin. As a result, your photos will have a fantastic sun flare.
- If you’re like some of my other clients, you might like an adorable dramatic family portrait photo session.
- In these photoshoots, you look pretty much like a queen within your family. Our clients enjoy exploring this type of photoshoot for their family portrait session for 2019.
- Once you contact me and you’ll see some samples of my Vanity Fair magazine cover style photos. You will find inspiration and start brainstorming your ideas.
- full hair and makeup styling are offered and done at the studio.
- The studio has a fantastic all colors and sized 2-12 wardrobe for adult females.
- We also have some tutu tulle skirts for girls and preteen ladies, or full grown women too!
Once you decide to have your family portrait photoshoot done, Come for an in person at our studio in Laguna Beach Orange County for the best photoshoot plan.
Things to look for when you decide to have your professional family portrait photography session done:
- Look at the photographer’s work, do they have a style? or do they click 1000 times and hope one of the photos will be usable?
- Ask your family and friends for a good family photographer recommendation.
- Read their online reviews on Google and Facebook and other websites.
- Call your photographer and ask to meet them in person AT THEIR STUDIO. A professional photographer would have a professional photo studio location.
- Brainstorm with your photographer. Every family is unique and like everything in life, when you have a vision of what you want, you’ll achieve it. As a professional family portrait photographer in Laguna Beach and Newport Beach in Orange County, the consultation are a must
- Hire a professional photographer that you trust and who cares for their client’s comfort and satisfaction and who are the best in their craft.
After all, hiring a professional photographer is a family legacy building technique. Family portraits help your children see themselves as a beautiful part of this family.